Thursday, May 27, 2010

Technology in my future

When I first graduated from Fresno State and then into the credential program, I never whould have thought about using technology in my classroom, except for my ipod to play music. But since reading these articles, and doing all of these assignments, i am amazed at the possibilities. I especially like google docs, this is really cool to be able to share LP's without having to attach it to an e-mail. I also like the idea of weblogs; if my district ever becomes techno efficent, I would love to include this feature into my curriculum. I also think Podcast are a great way to communicate with students and their family if for some reason a parent meeting can not happen, or a student misses school. I have some parents who e-mail me wanting to know what is going on with their children. I think it would be easier for the parent to access what I might have said that day or look at what I am doing in my class. I am starting to get the hang of this technology stuff...

6 comments:

  1. I agree, i was a skeptic at first as well, the possibilities are there, just have to figure out how and when to actually use them. I like what you said about communication with parents. I do not have the luxury as i teach at a career college but giving information to those who missed is important at any level. The ability to keep that information professional and available is huge. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Students in my school are not allowed to use technology; cell phones, i pods,etc. They can use their laptops but many sites are blocked by our school filter. I have to by pass the filter in order to blog! Either my school is archaic in regards to technology use or the age appropriate material really has more bearing than the technology. I agree, podcasts have a future, the balance is still to be determined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a great point about using podcasts for students who miss school. Instead of having to write up instructions on what the student missed, you can refer them to the podcasts posted online where they can get information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was unaware of Podcasts before this class. I also, see the value of using this technology in my classes. Many teachers are now posting assignments on the school websites allowing the convenience for students and parents to view assignments. What a great idea..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I was a skeptic as much as I was ignorant to all of this great technology. My district is a little crazy as well when it comes to technology.....Can you believe they recently blocked Google? I am learning that even with these limitations there are so many avenues we can use to implement technology into the classroom..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your comment as well about podcasts. It allows us as teachers to reach all of our students, whether they miss class, or may need assistance, podcast may be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete